Well, I’ve been a bit under the weather, and then yesterday morning discovered that one of my lovely rats (Bubble) has quite a big lump on her tum. So I KNOW it hasn’t been long since Mental Floss #1, but I’m in need of serious perspective taking right now. So here we go: 5 things that are keeping me grounded at the mo.
- My rats. I’ve been giving them serious love these past couple of days (I think they’re getting a bit sick of me tbh!! 😀 ) as I was suddenly faced with their mortality. Big sighs, but big loves, too.
- Stickers! I love stickers. IMHO the bestest stickers come from Paperchase and Accesorize. Nothing brings out the kid in me like dotting stuff with cartoon kittens.
- Shaketastic. Seriously. OK, I’ve lost a grand total 8lbs so far, but I needed this last night. Nothing says instant comfort like ferrero rocher & kinder bueno, mixed with vanilla iced cream and topped with oreo crumbs.
- Red Dead Redemption. Well, not playing it, but watching Ben play it. More on this at a later date…
- Knitting. OK, I have to admit, I STILL haven’t finished the Firestarter jumper *makes the sign of the cross*, but I’ve gotten a lot of pleasure out of perusing other people’s knitted goods. And wondering where the hell they find the time. Alice Bell is my favourite recent find. I think I have a bit of a girl crush – she’s amazing.