Happy New Year, folks! I hope you’ve had a good’un. I have, despite last minute change of plans (I was scheduled to go up to Suffolk for a friend’s party, but Ben was offered some fantastically paid out-of-hours work, which we can’t really afford to turn down at the moment).
So, 2010 is gone. Like so many days and years, it is in the past, now merely a memory. Words on a page, photos in the album. Some days, I mourn the days that we’ve lost, but really, we haven’t really lost them. We’ve lived them, and we have many more days ahead to continue living.
So rather than mourn what has passed, perhaps it’s time to look optimistically to the future. I spend and awful lot of my time moping and burying my head (please see my official job description in the blog header), but I have, over the last couple of years, been trying to reassess my life and get some perspective. I’m sure many of you know how difficult it is to break habitual destructive behaviours, but where there’s a will, there’s a way!
So let’s see the New Year as a chance for a fresh start. After my gluttonous and sedentary Christmas holiday, obvious resolutions present themselves. And as I look into the future (and reflect on my past), I realise a lot of my lifestyle needs to change. So, perhaps my resolutions are a little clichéd, but right now, they are very important to me. Feel free to nag me for updates on how I’m getting on with them over the weeks to come…
My New Year’s Resolutions
- LOSE WEIGHT. This is now starting to get out of hand. This can really be split in to two resolutions, which will follow.
- You need cut down on your pork life mate, get some exercise! God knows, if it could, your poor heart would CRY.
- Eat properly. Kebabs do not count as one of your five-a-day, no matter how much salad you put on it.
- BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET. You do pretty well with the packed lunches, but could still do better.
- Redecorate the damn flat, woman. It’s a state.
- Study hard – this is the start of the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
- Forgive yourself.
And what about you?