Thank you… bipolarlifebalance
..for the nomination for a Liebster Award which, for the uninitiated (like me), is an award that bloggers give each other, and by doing so get people to connect and interact with other bloggers.
The basic rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers, who have less than 500 followers and link them.
- Create 10/11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions – My Answers:
- What was the last lie you told? This morning I looked in the mirror and went “huh, I might have lost some weight”…?
- Who is your favourite super hero? Tricky! It’s either X-men’s Wolverine, or Iron-Man, I reckon. The former because “rargh testosterone fueled grizzly mutton-chops but also I am so tragic”, and the latter because he doesn’t have a super-power, he’s just rich and clever (like Batman, but less annoying)
- What was the first book to have a lasting impact on you? Oh wow, I have a pretty poor recollection of anything that happened more than a week ago, and now you want me to remember what I read as a kid? I remember reading a children’s encyclopedia that was given to me when I was about 4 or 5, that was pretty awesome. I guess that started my love of science.
- What do you see when you look out your bedroom window? On the one side, a beautiful view of my garden. On the other side, an equally lovely view of the A12 and the fields beyond it.
- What was your goal in creating your blog? I had designs of making it all proper and sciencey and
- What has surprised you most about having your blog?
- Do you have a best friend? What’s their name? I think it’s safe to say my husband Ben is my best friend. We spend soooo much time together, have rather a lot in common, make each other laugh a lot…I know it’s a really cliché choice, but it’s true, so what else to say?
- Who is your Hollywood crush? Eh, I’m not big on celebs. Hugh Jackman is just lovely though. And I love Gemma Arterton (are they Hollywood? Jackman’s Aussie and Arterton is British… I don’t understand the parameters)
- If you could choose to be famous OR successful…which would you choose? Successful.
- How do you feel about answering questions like these? Fine. It’s a way to pass the time, and they’re not particularly invasive, so it’s kind of fun!
EDIT: thank you, Beth, who pointed out that I clearly got distracted and wandered off at this point. However, I think that is a pretty strong metaphor about what my blog is about. I had good intentions but OH LOOK YARN AND A PUPPY…
How hard it is to post consistently. I thought, oh yeah, blog, I’ll just ramble endlessly and people will think I’m great, but unlike with other stuff (where you practice and get better), blogging is one of those things that seems to get harder the more you do it. For me, anyway.
I toyed with this for a long time. I found 3 blogs that I could potentially nominate, and then hunted around for ages trying to find others, and then thought I found some, and instantly felt guilty about thinking about nominating them, because this concept didn’t seem to fit their blog. And then I thought, well maybe it doesn’t fit the blogs of the other 3 I had initially thought of.
In the end I circulated and argued myself into a corner, and deleted the list of three I had initially thought of.
And now I’m stuck.
Basically what I’m saying is: nominate yourselves. If the questions below appeal, inspire or intrigue you, come forward. Claim them. Announce yourself in the comments section and show me your blog. I’m all ears.
EDIT: thank you to The Beth Project for nominating yourself! It just so happens you were one of the Original Three I had in mind… ;)
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you have any siblings? Tell me a bit about them. If you don’t, do you wish you did?
- Did you have any hobbies when you were a child that you miss doing now?
- I like a lot of things that begin with B. What’s you favourite thing that begins with B?
- What’s your favourite book, band/artist, film and TV programme right now?
- Tell me about the best holiday you’ve ever been on.
- What’s your dream job? Why?
- If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Who inspires you?